Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Crock Pot Salisbury Steaks

As I said in my last post, I love me some beef! Jill and I both wanted some comfort food...and beef. I also love the crock pot. Even though it might take a while to make a crock pot meal, it is always so nice doing things in advance. It saves a lot of time and stress when you're trying to get everything ready in the evening. I also made mashed potatoes with this meal. Laura Freeman gave me this recipe..so good and easy AND you can make it in advance which makes it very nice.

Here is the link for the Crock Pot Salisbury Steaks. I made a couple little changes: 1. I made my own bread crumbs. I simply made toast, cut it up very small, and added Italian seasoning. 2. I used one can of cream and chicken soup and one can of cream of celery soup. I really like how that tasted. 3. I didn't use au jus mix because I could not find any; I used Baked Burgundy Onion Soup mix. It tasted fine, but if you can find the au jus miz I would use that.



Baked Mashed Potatoes

6 med size potatoes 
1 cup sour cream
1 (3 oz) pkg cream cheese 
1/4 cup butter, melted 
Paprika 
Salt and Pepper

Peel and dice potatoes. Cook in salted water, drain and mash. Mix cream cheese and sour cream and add to mashed potatoes. Put into a 2 qt casserole dish. Top with melted butter and sprinkle with paprika. Bake for 30 min at 350. These can also be made ahead of time and refrigerated, but they must bake for 1 hour.

Pin it here: Pinterest

1 comment: