Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Mac & Cheese

I love homemade mac and cheese. It is definitely a comfort food for me. Whenever I got a break from college and was able to go home, mac and cheese was the first thing I requested. This is the only mac and cheese I eat... I can not stand the Kraft stuff you buy at the store [no offense to those of you who like it]. My mom gave me this recipe. Hope you all like it!

1. Boil 2 cups of macaroni noodles

2. While the noodles are cooking, start on the white sauce.

White sauce:
Melt 1/2 stick of butter in a medium sauce pan.
Stir in 1/4 cup of flour
Bring to a boil

3. Stir in 2 cups of milk. Bring to a boil.
Add 2 cups shredded cheese. I usually use cheddar but you can use whatever.

4. Poor the noodles in a greased 5 qt. baking dish. Pour the sauce on top of the noodles and let sauce mix in with the noodles. I sometimes sprinkle a different kind of cheese on top. [Pepper jack is very good]

5. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. It will start to brown and the cheese will get bubbly.

Pin this recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment