Monday, August 18, 2014

Frisco Melts

If any of you know me at all, you know I love hamburgers. If I could eat them multiple times a week, I probably would. But since my metabolism is not quite as fast as I would like it to be, I unfortunately cannot. Whenever I go to restaurants, my first impulse is to look at the burgers. I look at the burgers and decide to go with the frisco melt because I love the sauce and the onions they put on it and I justify it as not eating a burger.
Living with my sister's family has taught me a few things: 1. How to cook  2. How to cook and eat healthier 3. How to make things I would normally buy- sauces, dressing, and seasonings. Well for this meal, I failed with the being healthy part; although I did make the dressings so that eliminates all the junk they put in dressing. Here is my take on the frisco melt! Enjoy!

Frisco Melts

1. I made the Thousand Island and Russian dressing before hand. I got the recipes from these 2 blogs.

Thousand Island
Russian

2. You need to caramelize the onions. I have never caramelized onions before so I did some research. The only recipe I could find that I liked pretty much used 1 lb bag of onion. I made this for 3 people, so I had to majorly downsize to make that work.
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 T butter
` 1/2 t olive oil
Put all these ingredients in a pan over medium heat till the onions started to brown. When they are browned add:
1 t brown sugar
1/2 t balsamic vinegar
Still until they are caramelized. Set aside.

3. Here is a link to the recipe I used for the yummy frisco melts:

Frisco Melts

I only used 1 patty for each sandwich because 2 is way too much for me. I also did not use sourdough bread because the store did not have any. Weird, I know. I would definitely use sourdough though if you can find it. It was super good! Will definitely make again!

Pin it here: Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment