Sunday, August 10, 2014

The Start of Something New

I've never done this whole blogging thing before, but I'm excited to start. I've been wanting a way to express myself that doesn't involve Facebook. I've always enjoyed looking at certain blogs for recipes and some of my other interests so I figured I might as well do it too. Enjoy!
One thing I am so thankful for right now is friends. God has blessed me with some amazing people in my life and I am just overwhelmed right now with the love they've shown to me. I have received so many cards and packages since I've arrived in Wilmington: my coworkers from Gymboree sent me the sweetest card; Nicole sending me a thoughtful note with one of my favorite brews of coffee [Berres Brothers Highlander Grogg]; Laura sending me 4 Happy Potter books on CD [and a gift I'm not allowed to open till Tuesday]; the youth group back at home sending me a card; a precious note from one of my favorite little girls, Brooklynn; Hannah sending me a good luck card and shirt for when I take my licensing test; and David, my boyfriend, coming up to visit me for a few days and treating me to so many special things that I normally don't get to do. These people, and so many more [trust me, I could keep going], have encouraged me so much in the past days, months, and years.
Reminder: A little note, gift, text, or a phone call can encourage someone in ways you will never know.

"A strong friendship doesn't need daily conversation; it doesn't always need togetherness. As long as the relationship lives in the heart, true friends will never part."

-Unknown


2 comments:

  1. I've never been mentioned in a blog post before!! I feel special. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've mentioned you twice :) How could I not mention you?!?

      Delete